- It is common to experience bleeding and to feel uncomfortable the day of surgery. You lose feeling and the tooth may feel loose.
- Make sure prescribed medications are taken on time and as directed.
- Keep an ice bag on the surgical site for the remainder of the day of surgery. You should hold it on for 10 minutes the leave it off for 5 minutes until bedtime.
- Your follow-up appointment is important as you need to be checked and the sutures need removed.
- Avoid raising the lips in order to inspect the surgical site.
- You can brush your teeth, but avoid the area of surgery. You cannot brush the surgical site.
- Do not smoke for at least a few days after the procedure.
- Do not spit or drink through a straw the day of the procedure.
If you are concerned about anything or have questions, do not hesitate to give us a call. If an emergency occurs, call 911.